We love a good stir fry but when we started eating Paleo, we needed to find a good sauce. No more pre-packaged soy sauce. Not only did we come up with one, but it is super tasty!!! We have made this sauce without the honey while on the Whole 30 and it was still great. We make a double batch so we can enjoy it again soon. Enjoy!!
Recipe: Mongolian Sauce – Paleo Style
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 in ginger root, minced or grated
- 1 Tbsp or 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos or wheat free soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbsp raw honey
- 2 Tbsp arrowroot powder (optional if you want a thicker sauce)
- Heat oil in a small saucepan.
- Add ginger and garlic stirring to avoid burning for 1-2 minutes.
- Add water, coconut aminos, arrowroot and honey. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat until simmers and cook to desired consistency.
- Serve over stirfry.
Diet (other): Gluten free, Dairy free, Egg free, Paleo
Microformatting by hRecipe.