Was I ever skeptical about this recipe!?! Let me lay out my reasons for you. First, I’m not a big fan of sausage. Call me crazy but it’s not my favorite thing. Second, I view cinnamon as a spice that goes with sugar. Why then did I try this recipe you might ask? Again two reasons. First, we started The Whole 30 Challenge yesterday which means breakfasts are a little difficult and I need to be incorporating veggies at every meal. Second, my husband loves sausage and I love him.
Since the cinnamon goes in last, I had a chance to try it without and then sample a small portion with it. I’m now a believer in cinnamon, sweet potatoes, and sausage. Who would have guessed. Thanks to www.everydaypaleo.com for this wonderful breakfast idea. Now without further ado…
Recipe: Sweet Potato and Sausage Hash
- 1 lb ground pork sausage (We like Isernio’s mild italian)
- 3 sweet potatoes, grated
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp cinnamon (or more if it is to your liking)
- Brown the sausage in a large skillet.
- Add the coconut oil and shredded sweet potatoes to the cooked sausage.
- Stirring often, let the potatoes cook until they are soft, about 7 minutes.
- Add cinnamon and serve.
Diet (other): Gluten free, Dairy free, Egg free
Microformatting by hRecipe.