This recipe was definitely a hit in our house. Next time I’d cut the greens a little smaller so they hid from the children better thought.
Recipe: Puerto Rican Beef with a Thai Twist
- 1 lb grass fed ground beef
- 1 bunch kale, chopped
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp sea salt
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Black pepper to taste
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 ripe avocado
- Peel sweet potatoes and begin steaming. When tender, mash with 1/2 coconut milk and salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large skillet brown the ground beef.
- Add the bell peppers, onions, and olive oil and saute until the onions and peppers are tender.
- Add all of the spices and mix well.
- Add the kale, continue cooking stirring often until the kale is tender (about 4-5 minutes).
- Serve over mashed sweet potatoes with a side of sliced avocado.
Diet (other): Gluten free, Dairy free, Egg free, Paleo, Whole 30
Microformatting by hRecipe.
Thanks to www.everydaypaleo.com for the main bones of this recipe.