We made these balls as a dessert option for the Superbowl party that we attended. Without the coffee, they are a great option for kids but if you want to keep the kids grubby hand off your treats, you know what to do. These are very flexible. Use the nuts and seed you have on hand. Add less dates and oil/milk for a crumblier treat. Add more dates and oil/milk for a sweeter gooier snack.
Recipe: Chocolate and Coffee Paleo Balls
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 hazelnuts
- 5-6 dates, pitted
- 1/4 unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2-3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1-2 Tbsp coffee, ground
- 2-4 Tbsp coconut milk or coconut oil, melted
- Combine nuts and seeds in Vitamix or food processor. Blend until a fine flour. Remove.
- Put dates and coconut in Vitamix and blend until a smooth paste in formed.
- Return nuts, add cocoa and coffee, and mix well.
- Add coconut milk or oil and blend until desired consistentcy is reached.
- Form into balls.
- Store in refrigerator.
Diet (other): Gluten free, Dairy free, Egg free, Paleo, Whole 30
Microformatting by hRecipe.