These were the second dessert option we made for the Superbowl party. Everybody loved these including the kids. My kids would have powered through the whole batch before we left if I hadn’t stopped them. And let’s be honest here. My husband was taste testing his fair share as well. Needless to say, I made a second batch. As with the Chocolate/Coffee version, these are very flexible. Use the nuts and seed you have on hand. Add less dates and oil/milk for a crumblier treat. Add more dates and oil/milk for a sweeter gooier snack.
Recipe: Carrot Cake Paleo Balls
- 3/4 cup almonds
- 5-6 dates, pitted
- 1/3 unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 Carrots, shredded
- 1/2 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Cloves
- 2-4 Tbsp coconut milk or coconut oil, melted
- Put almonds in Vitamix or food processor. Blend until a fine flour. Remove.
- Put dates and coconut in Vitamix and blend until a smooth paste in formed.
- Return nuts, add carrots and spices, and mix well.
- Add coconut milk or oil and blend until desired consistentcy is reached.
- Form into balls.
- Store in refrigerator.
Diet (other): Gluten free, Dairy free, Egg free, Paleo, Whole 30