Have you noticed that this blog is only recipes? Wondering how our journey eating free is going and what we eat on a daily basis? I want to invite you all to check out my main family blog at www.NapClan.com. This is where you will find all my meal plans, strategies for eating a real food/Paleo diet with a family, and other strategies for living a more natural life.
You can also find links to some of my new recipe finds and pictures of what we are eating on a daily basis on my Facebook Page. Just “like” us and you will stay inspired on your food journey.
I found the bones of this recipe from Lillian’s Test Kitchen and for that I am very grateful. As I started making them, things just started flowing and I came up with my own concoction that not only tastes great, offers multiple variety, and are not just a sweet carby sub for a regular cookie but are good during my Whole 30 Challenge. These “cookies” are super tasty and great to have on the counters for kids. Each cookie has approximately 2g protein, 2g carbs, and 2g of good healthy fats. You don’t have to worry about a big sugar rush by using these as a quick to grab snack. Enjoy!!!
Recipe: Paleo “Cookies”
- 2 peeled Bananas
- 1 peeled and sliced Apple
- 1/2 cup Almond Butter
- 3 Tbsp Palm Shortening
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Celtic Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder (optional)
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Puree the bananas and apple in a blender or food processor.
- Add the almond butter, shortening and vanilla extract to the processor.
- In a separate bowl mix the almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and coconut. This is where you would add in cocoa powder as well.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients until well mixed.
- Add chocolate chips and fold in if desired.
- Drop Tbsp size balls on the parchment paper lined or well greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Diet (other): Gluten free, Dairy free, Grain free, Egg free, Paleo, Primal, Whole 30
Microformatting by hRecipe.
This morning I was looking at the two peaches I had left on my counter. I thought, “You poor peaches. If you had been on my counter two years ago, you would have become tasty scones.” Yup sometimes I miss certain foods a lot, enough to talk about them to ingredients as if they were alive. I have some emotional issues with my carby food sometimes. Never fear. After looking around at some recipes, I concocted a super tasty scone!!! It has a little sweetener so it is not something to be eaten daily but as a yummy treat for those emotional days, it is perfect.
Recipe: Peachy Paleo Scones
- 2-1/2 cups Almond Flour, lightly packed
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter or coconut oil, chilled
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup agave syrup or honey
- 2 medium peaches, diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix almond flour, soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Cut in chilled butter or coconut oil with a pastry cutter or fork until crumbly.
- Add eggs and sweetener mixing lightly.
- When nearly all flour is moistened add in the peaches. Again stir lightly until all is just moist.
- Drop 1/4 cup of batter onto parchment paper lined cookie sheets. These scones are free formed.
- You can top each with a sprinkle of coconut sugar if you like.
- Cook for 14-16 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. They will still look quite moist in the middle. Trust your toothpick:)
Diet (other): Gluten free, Dairy free, Paleo
Microformatting by hRecipe.