This dish is a favorite at our house. Not only is there very little prep work but most of the ingredients are always in the pantry or freezer. The kids really enjoy it and so do we. I love that it is all made in one pan so your only clean up is your knife, cutting board, and skillet.
Recipe: Taco Skillet
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2-3 chicken breast, diced small
- 3 cans black beans
- 1 4oz can diced green chilies
- 1 cups rice (We use brown)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3 Tbsp taco seasoning
- Shredded Cheese and Sour Cream (Optional)
- Tortilla chips or tortillas
- Heat large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add oil and diced onion. Saute onion until soft.
- Add chicken and cook until no longer pink.
- Add all remaining ingredients. Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce to a simmer until chicken stock is absorbed and rice is soft. The time needed will vary depending on the type of rice you choose. Anywhere from 15 minutes for white rice to 1 hour for brown. Consult your rice package.
- Serve tortilla chips or tortillas. Top with cheese and sour cream (Optional)
Diet (other): Gluten free, Dairy free
Microformatting by hRecipe.